Sunday, February 5, 2012

Big Things Poppin!

So much has been going on these days!
Isabelle is sitting up but not quite on her own yet. If she reaches forward for a toy she tends to topple over and if she leans one way or the other she topples over.  I have to keep an eye on her but she does pretty well and it's nice because she can entertain herself longer
Here are some shots of her sitting up





We also climbed to the top of Stone Mountain with Aunt Bridget and Aunt Carolyn. I strapped her on me, huffed and puffed a bit but we finally made it to the top!  Here's proof!  All the way to the top!


Some of my girlfriends, who have little girls, are trying to put their hair in ponytails so I attempted the same thing. Isabelle isn't quite ready for it but I got some hair in a little itty-bitty pony tail holder! I think she looks like a little mini sumo wrestler!

Isabelle is also starting to eat rice cereal. Most of it is ending up on her face, her bib, the high chair and my face when she sneezes! I know it's going to take some time for her to get used to it and if there is one thing this mama has- it's patience!




The newest thing she does (and I mean she did it for the first time last night or early this morning) is rolling over from back to belly. I've seen her roll over from belly to back but back to belly is a new thing! She woke me up this morning about 530 and I went to look at her monitor only to see her on her tummy in the corner of the crib! I TOTALLY wasn't expecting that so I rushed to her room. I changed her and fed her but she was wide awake (which was weird because normally she falls asleep while I'm feeding her). So I put her on her back in the crib and by the time I got back to my room and looked at her monitor she had rolled back over onto her tummy. Check out my picture from her monitor

I sat and watched the monitor trying to see her breathe. I saw her back go up and down but it wasn't good enough for me- so I went back to her room to feel her back. Of course she was fine but I just had to check! I even woke Jimmy up! I said "LOOK-LOOK! She rolled over!"
He took one look and rolled back over to sleep. It must me nice to be a man! Eventually I drifted back to sleep for about an hour and then she woke me up again when it was really time to wake up. She was happy as can be- this is how I found her.  Not only had she rolled over from back to belly she also turned directions- when I put her to bed her head was where her feet are in this picture!  Look at that cute lil bottom!


I LOVE BEING A MOM AND I LOVE THIS GIRL!!


No comments:

Post a Comment