Tuesday, June 14, 2011

All About Belle

Baby Belle - as I've started referring to her as, is due August 4th and I can't wait!  It took longer than I thought it would to get pregnant but I should have known she'd be just like her mom and make an appearance on that little white stick when she was ready. 

The pregnancy has been quite an adventure.  I always loved it when people would tell me they never got sick with their baby (insert heavy sarcasm here).  I was best friends with my toliet bowl for the first few months and very happy to see that stage pass.  The headaches, nausea, fatigue and slight weight gain was not fun but when it got bad I would just count the days till she would arrive.  I always thought she was a girl- I really wanted a girl but something else just spoke to me that it was a little lady in there. 

The second trimester came and went with my tummy starting to round out a little.  I stayed busy with birthday parties, wedding showers, baby showers and lots of other events- every weekend seemed to be jammed packed with activities. 

The belly really has been growing in the third trimester.  While working out I feel like I've just eaten Thanksgiving Dinner and sleeping at night has been difficult with the little lady pushing against my lungs.  Jimmy will come to bed looking for a pillow or a spot on our KING size bed and I can just offer him the couch and it's pillows or the guest bed and it's pillows- I told him "Just work with me these last 2 months!"
She kicks all the time and sometimes it startles me because just for a moment I'll forget I'm pregnant- then she reminds me with a swift kick to my bladder! 

The dogs have really started to protect the belly and Sanford snuggles on it each night.  I tell them each night about the baby and how she'll be here soon and they can't pee on her or chew on her.  They just tilt their heads at me and occassionally bark.

We've started to decorate the nursery- still waiting for a couple more showers before we finish the registry ourselves.  Jimmy painted the room and even went with an accent wall.  It looks pinkish at night with the overhead light and more purple during the day with natural sunlight.


The crib and bedding was given to us by my mom and dad and Jimmy was a great help putting it together.  I tried to assemble it myself but I got as far as opening the box before I had to quit.  It was just too hard bending over that big belly! 

Only 51 days till our due date.  I can't wait for you all to meet her!

No comments:

Post a Comment