Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Childbirth Prep Class?!?

That's the question I got when I told Jimmy what we had to do on Tuesday nights in June.  Before we walked into the class last night he said "Watch, I'll be the only guy in the class"  To which I rolled my eyes and said "no you won't"

Sure enough the class was full of dads and only one girl was there with her mother.

The class was interesting and I think Jimmy learned a lot of new stuff.  Most of the information I knew from reading countless books and looking up everything I could think of on the internet the past 7 months but there were a few things that I did take in.  I also didn't mind getting a short back rub as the instructor taught Jimmy how to massage my back when it hurt.

I forget sometimes that Jimmy doesn't know as much about this baby stuff as I do and his ignorance is usually what gets him in trouble with me when I need his support and help.  I hope the classes shed some light on the poor guy!  Last night was a step in the right direction when the teacher instructed the men not to mess with the wives when they are sleeping.  She said if we are asleep but taking up half the bed and all the pillows to LEAVE US ALONE becuase we probably will only stay asleep for an hour and then be up again using the restroom.  SO TRUE.   Sure enough last night he wanted a pillow I had situated under me and I gave him one look and one reminder from what the teacher said in class and he left me alone!  ANNNNNNNNND in about 10 minutes I had to get up anyway to pee.  ahhh the joys of pregnancy!

Today is Bridget's birthday so I'll give my first blog shout out to Bridget.  Happy 27th Birthday Bridgie!!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment