Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Less than a Month!

The countdown has begun!  Well that's not entirely true- the countdown began about 2-3 months ago but now it's only 29 days till operation stork drop ETA.  29 days sounds better than 129 days.

Last night was our last Childbirth Prep Class and next Monday we have a tour of the hospital. I'm not so much nervous yet about how she'll get here as how it's going to be once she gets here.  I'm a worrier.  I worry about everything and everyone and I am starting to feel a lot of anxiety about being financially prepared for her and the nursery being set up just the way I want it to be.  It's a lot harder to move around and bending over is becoming extremely difficult as I lose the ability to breathe if I'm bent over for too long. 

I still have soooooooooooooooooo much left to get for the nursery- having a baby is EXPENSIVE!  I should have started a savings plan for her like 2 years ago!  I'm still holding out for that chance that I win the Mega Millions- hey a girl can dream!

The part about having her hasn't really freaked me out yet.  I'm sure it will eventually but right now it's in my mind that I can totally handle this.  Taking care of her doesn't really scare me either - I just hope I get some sort of how-to on when do to do what.  I mean I can change diapers- I was doing that at 8 1/2 years old for Nick when he was a baby.  I can swaddle thanks to babysitting Jenny T's baby boy Rhett recently.  I can burp, bathe, play, rock, and love like it's nobody's business.  But I do worry about when to feed, how much to feed, what to feed, how to operate that crazy contraption called a PUMP and all those little details.  I know I'll get help about this and I just need to remember to NOT SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF!

I'm very excited about her arrival and I've started getting the false labor pains.  She is moving around like crazy or at least now I can feel it more.  It's not like she's doing a summersault but one small move of her leg or arm now takes my breath away or causes me to sit straight up.

Before we know it Isabelle will be here!  Oh wow that reminds me- gotta pick out that middle name!

No comments:

Post a Comment